Where do you find us?
We worship at the Fine Arts Theathre of the Antwerp International School every Sunday at 10.45am! Located next to the Ekeren trainstation and having a busstop around the corner we are easy to reach by public transport. You could either take the train to Ekeren, or catch bus 33 or 730 and get out at the Ekeren-Bistkapellei busstop. For those traveling by car we have plenty of free parking space available. Coming to visit with kids? Nursery care and Children’s Church are provided!
Adress: Veltwijcklaan 180 (Enter from Moerenhoutlaan) 2180 Antwerp-Ekeren, Belgium.
What does a church service looks like?
We are a friendly group of people and we hope you will come and visit us on a Sunday morning. Our service starts at 10.45am and typically last for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes. Our worship service has several elements, such as music, prayer and a sermon. The order of worship may change from time to time, but will mostly include the following parts:
• We start by singing an opening song of praise to God.
• After a warm welcome for everyone some practical announcements are made, for instance about church activities that week.
• We listen to or read together a call to worship and stand up to sing a couple of worship songs.
• After singing we have a short time of prayers of praise and thanksgiving. Everybody is free to pray in silence or out loud in his or her own language.
• We share the peace of Christ and greet each other by shaking hands.
• The children are coming forward to listen to a short children’s message and afterwards leave for their own program of Bible lessons, crafts and games.
• While singing or listening to a song we have an offering to collect financial support to cover church expences and serve the comminuty and the needy.
• We read a passage from the Bible.
• The pastor gives a message with more explanation about the Bible passage. This speech is also called a sermon and helps to make the Bible text real and relevant for our lives today and seeks how we can apply the Bible in our daily life.
• After the sermon we sing a song of response that fits the theme of the sermon.
• Finally we receive a blessing from God.
• When the worship service is finished we take time to meet each other with some coffee, tea and cookies.
Want to join our church?
Membership is open to all who have experienced the saving grace of God and are in agreement with the purposes of our Church and undertake to promote its welfare by attendance upon its services, by regular contributions toward its support, by personal participation in its activities, and by consistent Godly living.
If you want to join and become a member of our church please contact the pastor or somebody from the church board. We are always open to help you taking the next step in following Jesus. For new believers we offer education about the Christian faith and the oppurtunity for the confession of faith and baptism. Of course people coming over from another church are also welcome in our community.